Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 3, 2017

My THIRTIETH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

While everyone in the world (myself included) is trying to come to terms with America's latest mass shooting, I'd like to ask you about something else completely.

ABC news has reported that the House and Senate have both missed the deadline to reauthorize the finding for CHIP, the Children's Health Insurance Program - a program that covers about 9 million low and middle income children.

The Kaiser Foundation reported that our own state of Pennsylvania will probably exhaust its CHIP money sometime in the last quarter of this year, meaning that unless the Congress does something, lots of low and middle income children will have to do without adequate health care next year.

Politico reported that The Senate Finance Committee (which I believe you're on) announced a deal to a 5-year extension of CHIP funding in the middle of September. And yet the Senate failed to vote on it.

So here's my question: What will you be doing to make sure the Senate reauthorize CHIP and if the Senate does not reauthorize, how are you going to explain it to the many Pennsylvania parents who rely on that funding?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

2 comments:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

"While everyone in the world (myself included) is trying to come to terms with America's latest mass shooting"

I'll take that as a opening.

https://twitter.com/sirfith/status/914931919120461824
@ChrisMurphyCT These are weapons intentionally designed to kill as many people as efficiently as possible. Why is anyone shocked this keeps happening?

So why do police need a waiver in any gun control law passed to ban them. Do police need "to kill as many people as efficiently as possible"?

Jimmy Kimmel is a phony lying sack of...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruYeBXudsds

Dayvoe said...

Still off topic.