Democracy Has Prevailed.

February 28, 2017

My THIRD Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I have a single question for you. It's a simple yes or no. Although if you wish to expand on it, please feel free.

This past week, Donald Trump tweeted this:
The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!
A few days later, he barred a number of reporters from a non-televised press briefing - possibly as a retaliation for reporting facts Trump didn't like.

So here's my question: Do you agree with Donald Trump (your chosen candidate this past November) that the news media (including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and the New York Times) constitutes an "enemy of the people" of the United States?

I look forward to hearing back from you.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

UPDATE:  As such there's been no response from Toomey's office regarding this letter or this one - but it's still early, so no big deal.

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Look Pat it is in the 1st amendment.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Access to any member of the US Federal Government shall be granted to CNN and the New York Times."