Democracy Has Prevailed.

August 21, 2007

Framing (One Mo' Time)

C-SPAN's Washington Journal had two bloggers on yesterday. The first was Matt Stoller of MyDD and now of OpenLeft.com. While C-SPAN often has Democrats on, Matt's unabashed, nearly giddy anti Bush/anti Republican stance was great fun to watch. (An elderly female caller asked the host how could they put on such trash after Matt left. I'm guessing he would have gotten a kick out of that.)

The second blogger was Liz Mair a self-proclaimed "Fresh Voice - a libertarian Republican."

Actually, I was finding Ms. Mair quite reasonable for either a Libertarian or a Republican but then she let the mask slip when she said, "Democrats voted against body armor for the troops."

This is called framing, folks.

If I could have gotten a call through I would have said "And, Republicans voted to have our troops shot at in a civil war."

That would also be framing.

You like potato and I like potahto
You like tomato and I like tomahto
Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto
Screw you Rethugs and your sick, fucking framing
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the compassionate liberals speak their mind. So concerned and open minded to other ideas.

Anonymous said...

Must be a slow news day.

I mean, even Hillary said the surge is working. And a leading Dem was caught in very boorish behavior at an airport. And Congress' approval rating is at a new low.

So, I guess you gleen nonsensical info from C-Span on a Tuesday. Don't you guys work?

Maria said...

Funny how I bet when most people hear the word "compassionate" being used politically they think first of the Republican who constantly called himself a "compassionate conservative" -- Bush.

Yet, somehow you seem to think that I have labled myself with that word.

Weird...

Anonymous said...

Well, liberals have always proclaimed they are the only ones who show compassion.

Maria said...

It would seem that it's the general public who have a difficult time seeing conservatives as being compassionate which is why Bush doth protest too much.

Justin said...

@xranger:

Since when is Hillary a liberal?

Anonymous said...

Hillary also said we need to resolve Iraq SO WE'LL BE READY FOR THE NEXT WAR!

Yeah, she's a liberal. And I'm the Pope.

Anyone who votes for Hillary is no progressive.